On December 19, 2023, a meeting of members of the Wrocław Tourism Organization and the Wrocław Tourism Council was held at the Wrocław Congress Center.
The meeting began with the welcome of the guests by the Vice-President of Wrocław, Jakub Mazur, the Director of the Department of City Promotion and Tourism, Radosław Michalski, and the President of the Wrocław Tourist Organisation, Alfred Wagner.
During the meeting, the results of the Tourism Traffic Analysis in Wrocław in 2023 were presented. The research results include information about, among others: about:
- an increase in the number of tourists by approximately 6% who stay in accommodation facilities in Wrocław
- the increase is mainly due to foreign tourists, but there are still fewer of them than before the pandemic
- prices of accommodation in Wrocław’s accommodation facilities in the summer season are lower than in Gdańsk, Kraków and Warsaw
The official part of the meeting ended with a summary of the activities of the Wrocław Tourist Organisation in the second half of 2023. The President of the Wrocław Tourist Organisation, Alfred Wagner, presented the most important achievements of WROt, which included:
- participation in foreign and domestic fairs
- co-organization of study visits for 93 guests from around the world
- Wrocław City of Adventure Tourist Campaign
- Press conference presenting research results
- Organizing the Inclusiveness in Tourism Training thanks to winning the MSiT competition
After the official part, the festive Christmas Dinner began at the Tarasowa Restaurant. The guests received wishes of a peaceful, healthy and kind Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Vice-President of the City of Wrocław.
We hope that the coming year will bring much prosperity to the tourism industry. What do we wish for us – the Wrocław Tourism Organization and all of you!